Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

Shiny Search...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 13, Lunick Aquite
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:57 am

Memories. They stick in your head forever. And ever, and ermm, ever. One particular memory that stuck in my head, was from when I was around the age of four, and was involved in a great ordeal. "Lunick, Hayley! Stand at the edge of the cliff for a photo dearies!", my Grandma told my sister and I, as we stood at the edge of the cliff, and smiled. I felt a shuffle underneath my feet, and looked at the ground. The cliff edge, was breaking. I turned to Hayley, and was astonished to be staring at thin air, and see my big sister screaming and plummeting down to the ground. I began to climb down the cliff face, to reach my sister, when I slipped. I began to fall.
Right down to the rocks at the bottom. But then... A Jumpluff appeared. Not just any Jumpluff, a shiny Jumpluff. It grabbed me with one of it's spores, and gently drifted down to where my sister lay. "Hayley?" I cried, desperately for my sister to speak. The Jumpluff also looked at her and blinked, in disbelief. It was then, that my sister dropped a flower petal out of her hand, and took her last breath. I took the flower petal and put it in my pocket, before giving Hayley, one last hug. The rest happened so fast, as the ambulance arrived, flew her back onto the top of the cliff, and pronounced her dead. I broke down. I hugged Jumpluff, and watched her fly away into the distance...

(Back to the present day! :D)

The motorbike I had rented was really fast, and got me right the way from Pokemon Farm, to here in a matter of hours. I was searching for a Hoppip, but I wouldn't stop at that. I wanted a Shiny one, so that I could evolve it into a Shiny Jumpluff, and always have a reminder of my big sister. I parked the bike, and locked it up down an alley in Isido Town, and went into the meadows, wondering what I would find...

Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 'Reaver', 20
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:17 am

(Where exactly is this cliff?)

There was a cold chill in the air. Everything felt so still to me. What was going on? A cloud of hoppip flew by, but none of them shiny. For a second, I nearly doubted I could find what I was looking for. After a long while of searching, there was a slight rustling noise. A golden leaf appeared. Could it be? Is this a shiny hoppip? No. The winds pick up, and a cottonee flies and sticks to your shirt. It wasn't a hoppip, but certainly it was shiny.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:53 am

(Idk.)
I looke down at the Cottonee, just laying, quite still, stuck to my white, expensive shirt. "Ugh, that's my shirt ruined." I said, as I gave the Cottonee a light brush off of the material. "Kay, Cottonee! Shiny versus Shiny! Go Wasabi!" I yelled, as I threw my pokeball on the lush meadow grass. My Purple-eyed Joltik landed promptly on the battlefield, with a flip and a cute buzzing sound. It was the first time that I'd used Wasabi, and I was anxious to find out how well he would cope in a battle situation. "Kay Wasabi!" I shouted enthusiastically. "Use Cross Poison!" I yelled, dreaming up names for the Cottonee...
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:24 pm

The wind picks up. Before Wasabi could hit it, the wind blows cottonee away, and hits you instead. The cottonee uses a leech seed attack on Wasabi, a little good bye gift, and the gift is a curse. Luckily, the cross poison only scratches me, making a small x shaped opening in my shirt. It seems I could have better luck next time, but for now, this is a failure. Clouds roll in, covering the sun which had beat hard before. The clouds are thick; they are obviously storm clouds.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:34 pm

(How come you keep saying Me? It's my character? Not you? Ask Draco If shes ever on, most people go crazy if you act as their character, including moi. But I will let you off the hook, this time. :D)
"Jesus!" I spoke angrily. I was crazy out of my head. I'd NEVER lost a pokemon before. The failure was extremely dissapointing, but Cottonee was not my focus. I needed a Shiny Hoppip. Shinies were extremely rare, so I wouldn't find them for a while, but in the process Wasabi and my other pokemon would become stronger, in knowledge, and strength. I looked nervously at the storm clouds, but ignoring them for now, I had my hat to protect my face. I walked into the distance, sad about my defeat, but excited for my next encounters...
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:37 pm

(I wanted to match your tenses to make it seem more reasonable)

The scene becomes entirely white. You feel a bit dazed, as the meadows calm down. The atmosphere is easily broken by a loud thunder crash. The rain falls to the green meadow ferociously. It'd be wise to find a small bit of shelter.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:28 am

(Your replies are a bit short, this is sorta mentioned in the rules. Lengthen them next time? And with the whole character thing, can you just do the surroundings other people, and other pokemon, I like ym own character to have the persoanlity I gave him...)

I look to a nearby cherry tree, examining it, to see if it would work as a suitable 'makeshift parasol'. I jumped over a pretty large puddle with Wasabi on my back, and stood underneath the cherry tree, angry that my search had been plundered so early on, but I would refuse to let the rain beat me, "5 minutes." I thought, then if the rain was torrential, or drizzly, I'd be out there, regardless of the rain force.
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:51 am

(Just a small experiment, I now know it isn't favorable. The last paragraph I wrote was five sentences, which is bare minimum, is still completely legitimate)

A lightning strike flashes, followed by ever so booming sound of thunder. It is unlike any pokemon, though just as wild. The trees and the clouds seem to have their own life. It breaths, and pants frantically as the rain falls. Nature is drowning. You hear a rustling in the bushes again. A woman rushes outward towards town. Obviously, she is in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 am

"Ma'am?" I waved an alert hand towards the woman. "Do you need any help? You seem startled." I questioned, worrying about what had happened. Wasabi crawled up my shoulder with a inquisitive look on his insectoid face, his purple eyes quivering, as if he were about to cry. I stepped out from under the tree and approched the rushing woman, waiting for her reply.
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:38 pm

She contains without acknowledging you. As you step out from under the tree, a large house appears in front of you. It looks a bit run-down, but still in shape, as if no one has lived in it for a long time. It is a mansion, and a large one at that. An eerie glum emanates from it. Despite its ruined condition, it still seems habitable. It would be wise to take refuge in it, though there could be a bit of ghost pokemon which have made it their home.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 am

(Sorry Reaver! Ghost pokemon don't enhabit Isido Meadows! You can only use pokemon that have their sprites in the encounter list for that place! Unless another NPC Trainer owns them! I'll enter the mansion, but you'll have to involve pokemon from the encounter list. https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/t485-isido-meadows-encounters, < That's just so you don't have to search for it, just click. I think theres still some pokemon in the list that could enhabit a mansion. This'll probably last about 20 pages before I get all the pokemon I want, so this won't be the only mini story.)

I looked at the old mansion, as I stood under the tree. "Whatcha think Wasabi?" I questioned Joltik about entering the mansion. Joltik gave an unsure buzzing chirp. I was unsure about using Joltik in a place that looked as menacing as this. Plus, wild double battles were also a possibility. None of my pokemon were exactly Kyurem material. That's why I came here, to train, but I wasn't exactly expecting to have to enter somewhere as creepy as this. But I'd make that decision if and when the time came. For now, Wasabi and I trotted towards the mansion in the rain, and I kept my eyes peeled for any last minute pokemon before I stepped inside...
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:00 am

(Not planning to)

The door is locked. You hear a voice from the other side saying "Come inside" in a strange unfamiliar accent. The door opens, revealing a light skinned man in a tuxedo. He is bald, and stands straight, somewhat taller than you. The man has a somewhat mysterious charm to him, though you can't exactly put your hands on it. The mansion inside is well furnished, decorated with pictures of someone looking slightly familiar, but obviously someone you didn't know personally. The butler kindly leads you up stairs in the mansion. You can hear a woman's indistinct voice saying something. You notice there are no locks on the doors.
You enter a large room. a well decorated bed room. A woman in a nice frilly dress sits in a chair, next to a bed, where a dead aipom lies. You realise all this time, that she's been yelling commands, as though assuming you were some coffin maker.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:17 am

I felt a little offended for being mistaken for an undertaker, I mean, what about me makes me look that morbid. The woman looked extremely upset, and who wouldn't be, when their partner pokemon dies, which I assumed this Aipom was. I didn't really know what to say, I didn't know any of these people or how to conduct a funeral service. Ugh. "Excuse me. May I ask what I've been brought here for?" I attempted to ask politely, but in reality, I was lost as to why at all I was dragged in here. I'd probably have rather been in the torrential rain than in the same room as a chimp corpse. Joltik sat on my shoulder with one eye raised in confusion. Wasabi had no concept of death, he has just been born about three months prior, so life was one big playground for him. I stayed next to the door and waited for an answer to my question.
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:55 pm

She looks at you, and then at the sky. "The stars are aligned. I knew this day would come!" she speaks with a quite interesting tone. You stand and look blankly before you hear the bell ring again, this time, it is the actual coffin maker, with a well decorated coffin. Obviously, it was a very important aipom. "Yes... how about a battle?" she asks you villainous. The butler walks beside her, and stops in front of her holding two pokeballs.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:44 am

(Just a note, I'm a Collector, so my chances of finding rare pokemon, shinies, and items have increased. Thanks, ;D)

I paused. I took another pokeball assuming that this would be a double battle. I threw it as it landed perfectly on the battlefield. From the ball, flipped, my Snivy, Kiri. Kiri raised one stubby arm in the air, with a heroic glint in her large serpentine eyes. "Ree!" she yelled triumphantly, similar to a war-cry, her yellow fluer-de-lis on her green shoulders fluttering daintily. Wasabi wandered over to her and sat on her head. "Tik." he said readying himself for battle. He had some sort of fetish for sitting on peoples heads. Though, when the battle started, he'd happily jump off and join the fray. "Of course I accept your challenge, madamoiselle." I said, trying to sound mysterious, but obviously failing in the attempt. I didn't expect a woman such as her to be a battler, but who cares, a battle is a battle. I looked at my two pokemon, excited to see them battle alongside.

Last edited by IceShard on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:46 pm

(How many posts do you need for that? LOL, just link me. BTW, we're still in the monkey's room)

The woman smiled "I like your enthusiasm, boy". She clutched both balls, and threw them out into the fray. Both were ditto, quickly assuming the forms of snivy and wasabi. She laughs wickedly, as the butler creeps about, rolling his eyes slightly. "I preferably would've have gone one on one, but if I'll go your way for now!" she laughed again. It seems somewhat mocking. The butler creeps to the outside center of the "battlefield", and raises up two flags. "The battle will now begin" he announces nonchalantly.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 am

(I know we're in the room, and I will battle them here, and they've increased by how much you think, I'm just a lot more likely. :) )

"Wasabi! Let's do this, Cross Poison, on the Ditto assuming Kiri's form!" I yelled to my responsive Joltik, as he jumped from Snivy's green head, charging with it's legs glowing a toxic purple, reparing for the attack. "Kiri! Tackle the fake Joltik!" I yelled. Joltik and Snivy would know the difference, as Ditto's take the form of only the normal colour of pokemon, and Wasabi being shiny, he would be easily identifiable. As for Kiri, she had a bracelet on, which I gave her, which wa slocked on securely with a small decorative lock. So as long as Kiri's arm was visible, Wasabi would not attack. I waited for the pokemon to hopefully succeed in their moves...
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm

The butler put down his flags, and holds a seat for the madam to sit in. She of course does so, and only sits back to watch what her two pokemon do. She holds a mask to her face, like those at a theater. The ditto which appeared as a snivy skillfully dodged the attack, jumping to wasabi's back, using a tackle attack. As the true snivy, Kiri attacked, the false shiny joltik used cross poison, only crawling forward at its opponent.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:27 am

(So neither of them got hit? At least gimme a fair shot. I'll get whooped by them. :L. And the false Joltik isn't Shiny, because Ditto cannot copy Shiny Colorations, unless they are shiny themselves.)

Wasabi was lightly grazed by the Tackle attack, not a very strong move admittedly, so it wouldn't make much difference to the battle. Kiri however was not so fortunate, it was hit powerfully by the Cross Poison. Although it stayed normal, and was not actually poisoned, Kiri was extremely hurt, but I had to carry on the battle with her. "Kiri! Leer on the False Snivy!" I yelled, as her eyes started to glow, preparing the attack. This would help my Joltik defeat the False Snivy, I would try and take it one by one. "Wasabi! Cross Poison on the False Snivy!" I yelled, as he crawled speedily towards the Snivy.
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 am

The false snivy used leer back, as the false joltik used another cross poison. The false snivy, realising what was in back of it quickly jumped out of the way, doing a back flip midair, going behind it. The woman simply sat back, fanning herself, watching the battle. The butler still had his nonchalant loo. Your pokemon also seem to have some kind of sweat drop. The battle, ofcourse has still only begun. The course of the battle will be determined, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:41 am

I was frickin' frustrated. I didn't care that her Aipom had died. I could kill her at this very moment and feel no remorse what so ever, the stuck up snob. All I wanted to do was catch some more pokemon, not titter about battling upper class people. I was a smidgen close to finishing the battle. "Wasabi, Kiri! Cross Poison, and Tackle on the False Snivy! As hard as you can!" I shouted agrily. And it was probably obvious for the people to see that I was getting pretty annoyed.
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:41 am

"Stop!" the woman shouted. "Madam. I don't believe you can do that" the butler responds. "It is obvious that this boy has cheated!" the woman complains. Just as she takes a breath, the ditto taken the form of a snivy faints. She sees, and rushes onto the field. "What have you done, boy?" she asks. There is a wave of confusion and insanity in the air. "Can you teach me how to do this?" she asks you "I want to be a trainer!" Of course, she is in her middle ages. You can't really teach an old dog new tricks can you?
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:02 am

(Wasabi, and Kiri level up, yeah? They killed one pokemon in a double battle, so that counts as both of them levelling up. :3)

"Ermm." I felt pressured. I didn't really want to teach her, I wanted to catch some pokemon. It sounded selfish, but teaching middle aged women how to duel pokemon wasn't really on my to do list for today, and, overall life. But that woman had just lost her supposed partner pokemon, so I did feel a bit bad for her. "Ermm, yeah. I'll teach you." I said, waiting for her reply. Wondering if I'll have to command her Ditto in battles. That would be cool. :D
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 am

"Great, we'll start tomorrow" she exclaims, running to a far corner opening a desk. Out of it, she pulls a long list of things, and presents it to you. They are her conditions. Of course, they are not all that important. The butler appears to be rolling his eyes, as he walks closer to the two of you. She puts both pokemon back in their pokeballs, and gives them to her butler.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:50 pm

"Sure. I'll be out in the meadows, whenever you want to speak to me. Or you can send Jeeves here to get me." I gestured towards the butler, laughing, although I don't think he found it funny. I walked down the steps of the mansion and out of the door, closing it behind me. I could possibly get some training in myself before I trained the woman in battling. I ran into the meadows, waiting for a pokemon to ambush me, or for me to ambush them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shiny Search... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Search...   Shiny Search... Empty

Back to top Go down

Shiny Search...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next