Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

(Completed) Magnaleaf

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

(Completed) Magnaleaf Empty
PostSubject: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Pokemon Name

Magnaleaf, the Grass Magnet Pokemon. It can be found in forests drawing leaves with its special magnets that have the power to draw leaves.

Appearance
ConceptNormalShiny
(Completed) Magnaleaf Magnal10

(Completed) Magnaleaf Magna1

(Completed) Magnaleaf Magna2

Abilities:

• Ability 1: Chlorophyll

Stats and Moves

Base statType effectiveness Learnset Moves by TM

HP: 90
Attack: 75
Defense: 75
Sp.Atk: 75
Sp.Def: 75
Speed: 75
Total: 465

Resistant toWeak to
Normal (0.5x) Fire (4x)
Water (0.5x) Fight (2x)
Electric (0.5x) ---
Grass (0.25x) ---
Poison (0x) ---
Psychic (0.5x) ---
Rock (0.5x) ---
Ghost (0.5x) ---
Dragon (0.5x) ---
Dark (0.5x) ---

1Defense Curl
1Rollout
1Magnet Rise
10Razor Leaf
15Synthesis
20Gyro Ball
25Iron Defense
30Swords Dance
35Leaf Blade
40Protect
45Explosion

TM06Toxic
TM10Hidden Power
TM11Sunny Day
TM15Hyper Beam
TM16Light Screen
TM17Protect
TM21Frustration
TM22Solarbeam
TM23Smack Down
TM24Thunderbolt
TM25Thunder
TM26Earthquake
TM27Return
TM28Dig
TM32Double Team
TM33Reflect
TM37Sandstorm
TM44Rest
TM48Round
TM53Energy Ball
TM57Charge Beam
TM64Explosion
TM68Giga Impact
TM69Rock Polish
TM70Flash
TM71Stone Edge
TM73Thunder Wave
TM74Gyro Ball
TM75Swords Dance
TM90Substitute
TM91Flash Cannon
TM93Wild Charge
HM01Cut

This pokemon has no known evolutions nor a pre-evolved stage. It belongs to a solo evolutinary line. It belongs to the Mineral Egg Group and it is Genderless.

Last edited by Terra on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated pokèmon's sprite. Shiny version too! Yay!)
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 13, Lunick Aquite
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:04 am

The sprite is a lil, large.
And the shading on the sprite, well, it looks a lil strange...
So I think it might need a new sprite.
The concept is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:19 am

Thanks :D Well, about the sprite I am not an experienced spriter so there are not many things I can do about it... I will work on the TMs, the egg moves and the move tutor moves, though.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:47 am

You could work with Terra, or somebody like that, who is a good spriter, and you could do the info?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:48 am

Yeah, I am working on it at the moment... But I am almost done so it doesn't matter xD
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:13 am

You're not getting me.
The sprite doesn;t look like a pokemon sprite.
It needs a new one.
So you will have to either, get somebody to make one, or become a great spriter.
It does matter, because this website will only accept these fakemon if they have been flushed through with a fine toothcomb.
As I said, everything else is fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:17 am

Oh come on, most of the Fakemon here don't look like real pokemon... And not even real pokemon look like real pokemon (f.e. Ferrothorn xD)
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:54 am

The other sprites are actually sprites this is a picture.
It's definitely too big.
I stand by what I say.
It's sprite is not a sprite.
It needs a new sprite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:05 am

If it is not a sprite then you may try and make one, too bad I suck THAT much.
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:18 pm

I have to agree with Iceshard. The Fakemon may be considered complete, but the sprite needs some rework. It's too "flat", and even if I like the concept, that sprite needs to be perfected.

Max, you should admit it is not looking good compared to original pokèmon sprites.
Ferrothorn can be a horribly designed pokèmon (I despise it as much as that fire-ghost chandelier it terms of uninspired creature) but the sprite is detailed, correctly oriented and well shaded. Compare it to yours:
(Completed) Magnaleaf Spr_5b_598
The leaves of Magnaleaf lack shading and they are oriented toward the screen, but the iron head is slightly turned, and has too sharp edges in that line in the middle of the head. It looks odd.

Ice, I'm scared about your telegraphically concise answers XD
They look aggressive (even if you don't intend to be aggressive at all ^^, but this is a major problem of "text only")

Anyway, back to the topic: currently, this pokèmon is kind of weak and overall useless: with his current stats (not as total, but distribution wise) it's too average in every field: too many pokèmon can easily do better than Magnaleaf (and easily dispatch it) if they specialize in attack and speed, or special attack and speed.
The same can be said defense wise: too many can easily wall this pokèmon with their high defense against his average attack.
As it is, this pokèmon has little to offer to a trainer: even if it looks like a jack of all trades, it's weak because of that.

I suggest you to alter its stats to better fit a role for the team.
This pokèmon to me looks like a special attacker (it doesn't look a phisical one, as it has no limbs)
I'd balance the stats to give it a higher special attack.

I'll work on the sprite for Magnaleaf in the next few days to enchance the looks. In the meantime, focus on the role you think this pokèmon may have in a team and rebalance it.

Ah, I removed the (Done) from the title of this topic, as the pokèmon has to be completed yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Well the thing is that the pokemon has a resistance to many types, and the levitate ability, making it difficult to get defeated. Moreover, it has many stat altering moves such as: Iron Defense, Swords Dance, Charge Beam, Rock Polish giving many offers to the trainers in terms of training. Magnaleaf can battle with special attacks and normal attacks and have a great resistance to most of the physical attacks. That's why I thought it was too hyped to give it higher stats...

Also, about the sprite, I am not good at spriting so I want somebody else to sprite it based on this image, if possible. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 am

So, new sprite completed! What do you think? Is it close to how you imagined?
ConceptNormalShiny

(Completed) Magnaleaf Magna1

(Completed) Magnaleaf Magna2

Now, if no one has to add anything else, we can mark this thread as complete and put Magnaleaf into the regional pokédex.
Please post for approval though, or I don't know if I can proceed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:50 am

IT'S SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULDN'T IMAGINE SOMETHING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Completed) Magnaleaf   (Completed) Magnaleaf Empty

Back to top Go down

(Completed) Magnaleaf
Page 1 of 1