Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

So, is somebody still here?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Terra

Terra

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name:
Pokemon Team:

So, is somebody still here? Empty
PostSubject: So, is somebody still here?   So, is somebody still here? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:09 am

Hi guys, very long time no see, huh?

I'm just posting here to see if somebody is still here and wants to roleplay a bit.
I'm really sorry I didn't pay a visit here in a long while, but I always felt there were a few things that were "putting me off" (I can't find a better word to describe it) and were keeping me away from really enjoying travels in Honiso.

This is more of a personal opinion, so I don't want to speak for anyone.
What follows is a list of things that I do not enjoy too much:
- General rules are too complex, and a battle may take too long
- Levels for pokémon in a roleplay sense detract from the sense of the story
- Mods couldn't "mod me" often for various reasons (real life in primis) leaving threads hanging.
- Posters should have more freedom in directing the story themselves, and be able to add their flavour to the general story of the region interacting themselves without the direct need of a mod.
- Too many forum sections for too many areas: they disperse posts and players and has an overcomplicated navigation.

This assumes posters will write in a reasonable way and agree each other on the outcome of a battle even before it starts, in a [ooc] comment or in a separate thread.
(Obviously I will enforce reasonable outcomes if moderation will be required XP)

I'd like to start a small, freeform-like thread involving some of you still here, if you want to, with just the following rules:
- You can add one character that you and you only directly control.
- You can't control a character of another roleplayer and always give him a choice of what to do if you interact with him
- You can drive the story in any direction you want if you think the story can benefit of your idea (for example: add a team delta break-in during a gym challenge).
- You can insert ANY npc you think may be fitting for the story but thay can be controlled by the other posters for the sake of the plot. If the npc you're adding is important for your character you should say so in a [ooc] tag to warn the others: other players may use it as long as they play that character correctly, and they cannot misuse or kill it.
- You can be in any part of Honiso disregarding the forum section we will start the thread
- You can put any pokemon you want into the story, as long as it makes sense (can't see a water pokemon in the desert except
- Your mons can use any move in their moveset (from gen V) plus any TM they will learn along the way. Try to use them in a reasonable way.
- Mons can and may hurt humans (Team Delta may have no qualms on ordering a charizard they control to incinerate you!) Pokémon should be used in a way more dangerous manner outside regular battles, especially by criminals.
- In a similar fashion as above, moves can be used creatively to win or escape a dangerous situation: cut may be used to cut a three and having it fall on an opponent for example, and strenght may be used to bring down a locked door.
- You can catch whatever you like if you give a decent explaination during the thread, but legendaries can't be caught. They may follow you, and even fight a battle or two for you ONLY if the story calls for it and ONLY if it makes sense.
Captures may not require a battle: you may befriend a pokémon if the story goes for it, or you may catch an already injured one you may find (to bring it to a pokemon center, obviously!)
- You can pick three pokémon of your choice (yes, ANY: want a charizard a venusaur and a blastoise? Go for it if you think your character obtained them in a realistic way, but legendaries can't be picked) for this experimental thread. Depending on the outcome of this thread, you may keep them as your actual pokemon team.

If someone is still here, please put post below and tell me what you think.
I'd like to see if this gameplay formula may work and can be extended to the whole forum. Streamlined gameplay and a streamlined forum may be the solution to have this site reborn ^^
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 'Reaver', 20
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: So, is somebody still here?   So, is somebody still here? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:22 am

My God, it's been two years hasn't it?

Wow, you're still here. Well, the fact that I checked in at such a time must be some what of a good sign. Destiny perhaps? I'll assume Alex or whatever name resonates with him at this current time is busy doing college work. stage work, or some other real life affairs in which case it is same for me. Wow, I haven't been here so long it's almost nostalgic. Still, I've out grown free form for the most part, however, if you'd like I'll still play around a bit.

In other news, I have discovered a table top version of pokemon which uses an interesting set of rules, and thanks to Shiz's (or whatever name resonates with her at this current time) wonderful programming, we have dice tools to exploit. If you're interested, I'll try GMing and you can be the player.
Character Sheet:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yiyntelmm3h
Rule Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c5cpr5p5z3ybca3

Of course, I'm still open to try your idea. It seems at least somewhat fun even though we both have admin privelages.
Back to top Go down
Terra

Terra

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: So, is somebody still here?   So, is somebody still here? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:44 am

One year and a bit, or almost a year yes. A very long while anyway!
It's great to see I'm not the only one that payed a visit here!

I'd like to try to stay away from numbers and statistics and let the story be the driving force for a while. I'll be sure to read the rulebook anyway when I have more free time.

I don't see any problem in both of us having admin rights. We're just going to play and see what's going to happen. I'm sure that if we write the story well there will be no need for moderation.
I'll prepare a first post for that thread to give us an headstart.

Obviously anyone can join as long as he follows the above rules.

Great!

EDIT: The thread is here!
https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/t751-honiso-new-adventures-episode-1

Last edited by Terra on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link Added)
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 'Reaver', 20
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: So, is somebody still here?   So, is somebody still here? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Err... Mysterion your character... I'm not sure if I can allow aura, but I want to take it as a Mary Sue trait. I'm also unsure whether or not I should retcon your use of it, if not limit it to simply communication between your pokemon and you. Also, no one should have any knowledge on the Delta as with no histories, most characters are to be Tabula Rasa. In other words, you metagamed. That's two strikes in one post, friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, is somebody still here?   So, is somebody still here? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, is somebody still here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Valor :: Trash Can :: Trash-
Jump to: