Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

Stepping up the Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Stepping up the Game Empty
PostSubject: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:56 pm

[continued from Fae's Start~Building up a Team]

-In Town-
Fae jogged along, wanting to run quickly but also knowing she could run low on energy quickly. Kita the young Eevee stayed close at her heels the entire time, having much more energy than Fae could ever dream of. It took a while, but eventually the familiar site of buildings in the distance could be seen. Glancing around, the red roof was clearly spotted.

Fae ran to the Pokemon Center, through the automatic doors and up to the counter. Fae only ever came into town when there wasn't much other choice. Under current circumstances, there wasn't much other choice. "Excuse me, Nurse Joy. I have this Pokemon, and it seems to be injured quite badly. Would you mind taking a look at it for me?" she asked, sliding the pokeball across the counter.

Joy nodded, taking the pokeball into the back room. After a few moments, the light came on signifying they were busy. This worried Fae, and she paced a bit. Was I too late? No...I can't accept that, she told herself, then heard a ding. Nearly an hour had passed, and the light finally went off. Nurse Joy came from the back room, Dunsparce floating along side her, some bandages wrapped around it carefully.

"Dunsparce will be okay, it just needs to take it easy for a few days. Would you like me to heal your other Pokemon as well?" Fae nodded, remembering Kita had taken a few hits. "Very well," Joy said, checking up on Eevee, spraying a medicine onto her. "Your Eevee is all better now. Have a nice day."

"Thank you," Fae said, taking Dunsparce's pokeball back and returning him to it. "You take a good long rest, Dunsparce," she whispered, tucking the pokeball away into her bag. She then exited the building, and headed off to a meadow in the distance. "That looks like a good place to find Pokemon."

-In the Meadow-
Fae found herself walking into a vast meadow filled with greenery. There were a few shrubs and bushes, along with the occasional tree casting shade on the ground but nothing overly enclosed. There was quite a bi of tall grass around, though. Fae assumed this was where the wild Pokemon would be hiding.

Glancing at a guide she'd grabbed at the Pokemon Center, she read the inhabitant list, slowly picking out which ones she would be willing to capture, and which ones she would wait on. "Alright then, it's decided," she said nodding her head, locking in her choices mentally.

Kita followed, feeling much more chipper since she'd had some medicine to heal. "Vee, eevee!" she cooed, prancing around Fae's ankles happily. Fae smiled at her companion, sitting down on the cool grass to pet and hold her.

"You want a snack, Kita?" Fae asked, carefully setting down her bag. She shifted the egg out of the way, pulling out a sandwich and a package of poke-chow. Fae opened the lid to the pokechow, and set it down on the ground before letting herself take a bite into her own sandwich. Kita happily ate her Pokechow, the smile showing in her eyes.

Not wanting to exclude them, Fae opened up Dai and Malachi's pokeballs, giving them some food as she pet each for a few minutes. She smiled at the three Pokemon, glancing back to her egg. Her team was starting to come together, though it seemed more like circumstance had just thrown them at her.

When everyone was done eating, Fae packed up the bowls and returned the Shuppet and Dunsparce to their pokeballs. "Alright Kita. Now it's time to look for the rest of our team," Fae said, smiling as she gently picked up the pack, putting it over her shoulder.

She began walking around, searching under rocks, and in trees for any Pokemon. Kita helped too, bounding through the tall grass to look for any Pokemon, though it seemed she was looking to have fun more than anything. Fae laughed at her little Pokemon, sitting on a low branch of a young tree. She hopped down, and went off into tall grass to search for any Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Draco

Draco

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 15/Bambi
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Suddenly, a sticky paw reached out and grabbed your Eevee's nose, gently tugging on it back and forth. A sleepy looking Teddiursa's face popped out of the tall grass, and it opened its mouth wide. Its small yet sharp cub fangs showed as it slowly leaned forward. Maybe... now that its honey-coated paws touched Kita, it thought the Eevee was food?

The big-mouthed bear tried to bite down on its paw and Kita's face, but it moved its paw away. Its face followed the paw, and it fell down on its side, rolling over onto is back right below Kita. The silly bear started snoring as it sucked on its paws, a bubble blowing from its nose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Kita sniffed around, eyes widening in surprise as the paw randomly shot out at her. It smelled sweet, and was just a bit sticky. She stared at the teddy bear like Pokemon in shock as it opened its mouth, looking like it was going to eat her. It started coming at her, and she froze merely closing her eyes tightly.

There was then a thud, and she opened her eyes to see the Pokemon laying at her feet, sound asleep. She tilted her head, getting close and sniffing at it, then sneezed from some of the sticky honey still stuck to her snout. "Vee, eevee!" she called out to her trainer.

Fae came rushing over to her calling Eevee, parting the tall grass on her way. She halted just a few feet away, before her face turned flush. A grin fought its way onto her face as she tried to conceal her delight. It just happened to be one of the Pokemon she'd put on her wish list! She closed her eyes, jumping up and down a tiny bit, trying to work out the excitement without waking it up.

"Oh it's so cute, Kita. I don't think I can wake it up, look at it asleep...so cute..." she whispered, the girl in her truly showing through in her moment of giddiness. Kita smiled and wagged her tail, happy for her trainer as she looked back down at the sleeping Pokemon.

"Should we...battle it, or try to wake it up...or maybe just throw a pokeball at it? Oh, but Teddiursa have a higher catch rate...I wouldn't want to break one of my pokeballs. I've only got a few left, after all. But it being asleep...that would raise my chances of a successful capture..." Fae muttered, arguing with herself as to what she should do.

Kita simply sat down next to the tiny teddy bear, watching her trainer's battle. She glanced back over to the Pokemon and tilted her head as well, wondering the same as her trainer. Should they wake it and see if it was friendly like the others? Or would they have to battle it?
Back to top Go down
Draco

Draco

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 15/Bambi
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:21 am

(In these forums, if you throw a Pokeball and don't catch the Pokemon, you don't lose it.)

Well... it's not like the Teddiursa did much while you were talking it over with yourself. I mean, it's a heavy sleeper, and you were deliberately talking softly so you didn't wake it from its slumber.

However, it did stand up and start moving again as soon as you finished talking. It gave a small moan, "Urrrsa," and then a very manly grunt. It scowled and vigorously scratched at its rump, a relieved expression washing over his face soon after. The bubble blowing from its nose had popped now. So... was it awake? Or still not? It's eyes were closed, so... maybe?

The Teddiursa barely opened its eyes and looked at Fae and Kita. Guess not. It sniffed at them for a moment, then leaned towards Kita to lick the remaining honey off of the fox's snout. After that was done, it whined a little. "Teddiiiii..." It plopped down on its bum and started sucking on its honey-coated paws. Its eyes closed in delight and a smile stretched across his face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm

[Oooooh, did not know that.]

Kita blinked hard, shaking her head after the Teddiursa licked the honey off her snout. It definitely surprised her, that was certain. She tilted her head, leaning in toward the Teddiursa as it plopped down.

"Well...it's awake now," Fae said, taking a couple small steps forward. She knelt down beside Kita, petting and scratching behind her ear. "It is awful cute, look it's smiling," she said, smiling at the tiny bear Pokemon. She reached in her pack, shifting the egg out of the way once more. She clicked the center button to expand the ball to fist-sized. "Let's try this..." she said, holding the ball out. "Teddiursa, would you please come with us by getting in the ball? I'll make you yummy honey flavored pokechow," she bribed.
Back to top Go down
Allister
Admin
Admin
Allister

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 16/Alex
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:58 pm

The teddiursa looked at you meaningfully for a slight second. Is was stuck between the honey and freedom. It didn't at first know what to choose, but then it figured it should at least have you work to catch it. It jumped back and smiled at you as it wanted to battle you. It wanted to see what type of trainer you really are. Go and show it who's boss, but in a gentle way, after all this pokemon is still innocent.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:09 am

"Is that so?" Fae said, shrinking the ball back down to its pocket size. "Well then, Teddiursa. If that's the way it must be," she said, jumping back a couple feet with a determined look on her face. "Kita, get in there. We'll show Teddiursa how great a team we are!"

Kita hopped forward, now in a battle stance with her forepaws slightly apart for balance, haunches raised a bit ready to charge. "Kita, start off with your Tail Whip attack!" Kita raised her body up, prancing back and forth in front of Teddiursa cutely. She lowered her chest to the ground, hind end high in the air as she waved her bushy tail back and forth playfully in attempt to lower the Teddiursa's defenses.
Back to top Go down
Allister
Admin
Admin
Allister

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 16/Alex
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Boy wouldn't this be a battle. That teddiursa sure was raging to go. It took a occasional glance at your eevee every once in a while because it well, you get the picture. Aside from that the battle started off with your eevee using tail whip on the pokemon. The move did lower its defense but that didn't prevent it from using leer on your eevee lowering its defense as well. It followed that leer up with a surprising scratch and was heading close to your eevee, react fast!
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 pm

"Kita! Dodge and get it with your tackle!" Fae called, after noticing Teddursa's leer. The lowered defense would mean less possible hits to take. Kita quickly ducked off to the side, away from Teddiursa's scratch attack gracefully. She then immediately dug her paws into the ground, still close to Teddiursa as she pushed forward bracing her head for impact with her tackle attack! Fae watched eagerly to see if the strategy would pay off, or simply doom her Eevee.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 13, Lunick Aquite
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am

(There, now just forget it. I'll mod your topic, and it's settled. Sorry for wanting to do things in real and never having the time to mod the mod me section, only the topics I've already been modding.)
The Teddiursa was hit by the Tackle, but was barely even scratched. It was then that the Teddiursa began to cry. It was obviuosly lying though, considering that no tears were running down it's face. Fake Tears attack. Of course. Would it fool your Eevee?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepping up the Game   Stepping up the Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Stepping up the Game
Page 1 of 1