Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

Staff Applications

Go down 
+2
IceShard
Draco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Draco

Draco

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 15/Bambi
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 pm

If you want to be a Staff Member here and help out the site, post your application here!

You just need to have good grammar and well, at the moment, we're not looking for someone with a certain amount of posts.

So just post saying what position you want,(remember only GM and Mod positions are open) and why you want it. Also, you have to post an example of your roleplaying so we can see how you are with grammar, length, substance, etc.
Back to top Go down
IceShard

IceShard

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 13, Lunick Aquite
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi, I have been playing 'Pokemon Oasis Journey'
for a few weeks now, and it feels like forever. I adore reading the pokemon roleplays
and stories they type, and being a member of staff would open up new opportunities for me to be more involved with
other peoples roleplays, and hopefully get more ideas for my own. Even to have a chance to apply for being a staff member
is an honour, so I am really not expecting to be chosen.
Here is a short example from my roleplay at Amtheius Beach.

"Kiri!" I shouted to my hyperactive Snivy, who was trotting swiftly along the beach, by doing this she was catapulting sand and shells at all of the calm and relaxed pokemon on the beach, and they were not to pleased. Kiri got a battering from a sleeping Solosis, who used Psybeam with as much power as it's weary body could. To cheer my little friend up, I decided that we should go exploring for a new pokemon, because lets face it, Kiri wasn't the most powerful of pokemon. We strolled along the shore, while the waves lapped our feet, but something didn't seem right, there was an ominous movement in the ocean...
(Alex posted this, just posted it so that you may understand the story. Exploring for a new pokemon you would indeed as you carried on your search with your Companion Kiri, who seemed to be a bit more confident then your last encounter with that Sleeping Solosis? You continued to walk when you noticed something red popping up from the beaches sand. What luck! It appeared to be a wandering corphish rummaging through the sand for some food or perhaps some goodies. Who knows what it was doing, all that matters is that you either attempt to catch it or beat it. Your choice, choose wisely.)
A glint in Kiri's eyes showed me that she had glided up in confidence, and was ready to attempt to capture this crustacean pokemon. "Sniiii...." squeaked Kiri, trying to decipher her opponents weaknesses, even though she had only one damage dealing attack in her arsenal. "Kiri!" I yelled to my Snivy, she put one head over her shoulder, and nodded as if she knew exactly what to do. Kiri sprang forward without hestitation and used Tackle directly at the Corphish, hoping that it would not do enough damage to cause the creature to faint.

I hope you at least acknowledge me for this application.
(I would take either GM or Moderator jobs.)

Accepted. You, for now, will be given the GlobalModerator position. I expect you to be active and reply to people's threads even after you've already replied to them once.

Back to top Go down

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Hey. So, yeah, I'm here now. I, originally, came from Katsu, but then we came here, and yadda yadda. I'm sure you get the idea. Nevertheless, I have my own site, which I'd say is pretty successful so far, so I'd say I'm good enough to be at least a Mod. Buut, that's your opinion, not mine. Anyways... Here's an example of my rping style stuff.

Kimberly watched as Houndoom stepped onto the battlefield. Her and Houndoom had been partners since she was a little girl, and now they were challenging the Pokemon League. Nothing would stop them. Not now. Not after they had spent so much time and effort just to get here. This was their time to shine.

Houndoom growled at his opponent - Shiftry. He knew that because he had mastered Fire type moves that he would have a tasty advantage against the Dark and Grass type Pokemon before him, but experience told him to never underestimate your opponent, even if the advantage is clear.

Kimberly, though confident, was tense and nervous about her battle. So many people had lost all faith in battling here, and yet so many walked out a new person. A person ready to take on the world and then some. That's how she was going to leave. With a sly grin, Kimberly spoke over the roar of the crowd around her. "Houndoom, start it off with a Flamethrower!"

Houndoom smirked. It was smart command, using a ranged move. This way, both him and Kimberly could get a feel of how Shiftry battled. He tilted his head down, keeping his eyes focused on Shiftry, as boiling flames burned in the back of his throat. With the flick of his head, a massive stream of intense, fiery flames erupted from his throat and aimed directly at the Shiftry that stood on the opposite side of the field.

Accepted. You, for now, will be given the Moderator position. I expect you to be active and reply to people's threads even after you've already replied to them once. Oh, nuh-uh, you lazy foo. Not only did you steel my acceptance post above, but you stole my color. D<. Is that a better color for you, and I thought that was what we all say after acceptance...Girl. No you did not. My color is RED. Not PURPLE.
Back to top Go down
Driz

Driz

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 19/Mysie
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Do I have to reapply for an administrative position? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Allister
Admin
Admin
Allister

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 16/Alex
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:56 pm

We need more Staff members for the site people, so please apply if you are up for the challenge
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:57 pm

I suppose I'll apply. I'm a staff member on most RP sites that I'm part of[usually an admin] so I have prior experience. I've been a member here for nearly 2 weeks at this time. I generally use random number/choice generators for encounters unless I feel the person in question is deserving of something special based on their post style usually. For the most part, I log on every day unless 1: My internet cuts out, or 2: I'm out of town.
I'll gladly take any position offered, even if it's "Member" position ;3
My RP Sample will be my introductory post here, the first IC post I made with my character, Fae:

The wind blew gently through the leaves, making a light rustling sound and filling the air with the scent of spring. It had rained the night before, and the ground was soft, dew still collected on some of the underbrush in the area. The light sound of footsteps gently sinking into the wet ground, water bubbling up from within it could be heard as a young girl walked through the forest.

She looked somewhere between the age of fourteen and sixteen, but in reality was nearly eighteen by this time. She'd always looked younger than she was, which was especially annoying to her, people treating her like a kid. Her name was Aithne Bloodwood, more commonly known as 'Fae' and beneath the black mini dress and combat boots, she was a cold bitter person. Well, that is to people anyway. To Pokemon, she was the sweetest person ever.

She tugged a bit at the brown beret she wore, her long almond hair reaching her lower back easily. She adjusted the small pink sakura flower that had been pinned to the hat, making sure it was still well preserved. With a smile and a nod, she glanced back down to her black combat-boot clad feet, where a small brown dog-like creature was weaving in and out of her legs each step she took. "Practicing some evasion while we walk, Kita?" she asks the Eevee, laughing a bit, the softness she felt for the being shown in her forest green eyes.

Glancing back up, she noticed they were now in a clearing. "Well, Kita, this looks like as good a place to train as any, how about we stop here and train some before moving on?" she asks her little companion, who jumps in front of her and barks excitedly, smiling through her eyes. Fae smiled, nodding, "Okay then, how about you practice your tackle attack on that stone over there?"

Kita nodded, looking to one of the many moss and foliage covered rocks in the area, until it found one of suitable size. Lowering her body, she pulled her ears back. Her eyes seemed to sharpen, honing in on the rock as though it were a real enemy. Shifting her weight, she began a full on sprint at the rock, lunging forward a few feet in front of it...only to fall short.

"That's alright, Kita. Just get up and try again. Try getting closer to the target before you tackle it," Fae suggested, sitting down and setting her pack next to her. Kita got up, a little dirty now from falling onto the wet ground. She shook her head, a few dirt and mud clumps breaking free from her finely groomed fur.

She walked back to Fae, then turned to face her 'opponent' again. She pulled her ears back again, lowering her head as her right paw stepped forward. She allowed the fine claws she had to grip the dirt, propelling her forward toward the rock. Her tiny paws padded the earth, and within a foot of the target, she lunged forward. Pouncing on the rock, much of the moss and other substances growing on it flew off in a flurry. Fae shifted her weight to sit on her knees, smiling at Kita.

"Good job girl, now come and get some pokechow while I brush that dirt out of your fur," Fae said, patting the foliage next to her. Kita trotted over, sitting down on the cool leaves, her bushy tail semi-wrapping around her legs. Fae took out a small container, twisting off the cap to reveal a pokechow blend with special oils to keep her Eevee's coat shiny and smooth. She set it in front of Kita, who began gladly eating as Fae pulled a dog comb from her pouch. She began combing the dirt from Kita's fur, stroking it smooth with her hand after every brush stroke. "It's a nice day, Kita. Maybe we'll even make some new friends here in the woods," she said, playing with the bushy tail while brushing it out. She put the brush away, then slouched down to the ground, pulling the soft Eevee close in an embrace. "Good girl."
[/sample]
Obviously for more samples, you can check out any of my IC threads [there aren't that many of them as of yet.]
Back to top Go down
Allister
Admin
Admin
Allister

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Hm...I am accepting you for Global moderator position because your post quality is very good and far greater than most mods I know plus it blows PWRPG out of the water...
Back to top Go down
Mark Maple

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: Marishimo Mankwell, 16
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 am

Hey, I just thought I would try to apply as well. I noticed that there are quite a few threads in need of mods, so I thought I might as well try to help out. I'm an experienced and active rper on many sites, and I have really good grammar skills. Here is a sample rp I just thought up:

"Come on out, Typhlosion!" Shouted Adam, still sizing up the opponent. His pokemon materialized in front of him, letting loose a fierce roar. Before both of them stood a Swampert, and a very angry one at that. Adam had just stumbled accidentally upon its nest, and it was not happy about it.

Perhaps Typhlosion was not the best choice stat-wise, but he was Adam's strongest and most trusted pokemon, so Adam took a leap of faith for him. "All right buddy, use a Double Edge!" "Tyyyyphlosion!" Swampert was hit dead on. It was knocked backwards off his feet, but recovering quickly, it unleashed a powerful stream of water that could only be a Hydropump.

Typhlosion tried to dodge it, but it was too late. He took the full force of the blast, fighting to keep his balance. "No!" shouted Adam in concern. Meanwhile, the Swampert was charging forward. Typhlosion recovered just in time to get out of the way.

Swampert kept going by accident and slammed into a tree. "Now Blast Burn!" A huge wave of fire engulfed the foe, leaving it unconscious.As Typhlosion came panting over to Adam, he took out an Ultra Ball. But suddenly he looked back at the nest full of eggs and hesitated. Putting the ball away, he Took out a Super Potion instead, and sprayed the Swampert. "I'm sorry I almost hurt your nest. I didn't mean to, I promise," he said sincerely.

The Swampert must have understood, because instead of attacking him, it just lumbered over to its nest. Adam recalled Typhlosion after healing him as well, and continued on his way, confident that he had made the right choice.
Back to top Go down
Allister
Admin
Admin
Allister

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:44 am

Mod position it is then, Welcome to the Staff.
Back to top Go down
Bill

Bill

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: Ito Soroto/ 17
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Okay well i know im really new here and probly shouldnt ask right away, but i would like to be a Mod or GM. I know my speeling isnt that good nor my grammer, but i have grown better with time and i will continue to grow better. Im wanted to be a Mod so i can contribute to the rp, i like it here and you might not know it but this is my first forum rp i used to rp on Habbo Hotel (I dont see why i put that there, i doubt any of you other then Kristen would of known of me) but ive taken a short absence from there and i really miss rping. Well thats just a little about me, oh and i will be quite active since i have joined ive been cheeking the forum five - six times a day.

Now my rp exampel will be my intro post for my topic in Amtheius Beach, i know its short but i will also post a link to the topic for you to see more.

Rp Exampel
Bill landed on the dock with a thud and looked over the beautiful island.
'Wow... We are finally here...' he said as a wide smile crossed his face. He then lifted up his hoodie a little and reached for his belt, he then takes hold of a pokeball and pressed the button in the center; enlarging the pokemeball. Following this Bill throws the pokeball into the air, it spins a few times and then opens as it opens a flash of white blinding light shoots out from it and slams into the dock, Afeter a second or two it begins to take form of what seemed like a dog. The light faded and what was left standing there was a brown looking dog with a creamy cloured main.
'Time for some fun ay Eevee?' Bill asked to the pokemon
'Eevee!' it replyed as if it understood and the pair began to walk down the dock.

Topic Link: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/t325-all-in-a-sunny-day

Okay so let me know ^^
Back to top Go down

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 am

yaay bill!! i would totally approve you but im not shure if i can or not.. though i AM an honourary member.. >.> <.< anyways.. if i can, then i approve!! you can be mod, [sorry but ur grammar suxx.... XD] i also loove your siggy. i like how you organised it into a table.. [thinking, i might have to steal your idea...]
Back to top Go down
Bill

Bill

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: Ito Soroto/ 17
Pokemon Team:

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 8:41 am

Okay... So judgeing by my name changeing im guessing i got it... YAY!
Back to top Go down

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 pm

I know I'm new here, and I haven't really done much for the site, but I'd really like to be a mod. The reason I've only been on for short amounts of times per day is because I'm probably moving sometime soon, but if I were to become a mod, I'd dedicate myself more to the site and put aside more time to help out here. I try to help out with decisions the best and comment on people's ideas. I've very good at memorizing rules, and I already have a good portion of the rules locked in my head, so I'd be able to help even newer members if they needed to be.

Rp Example
Claire sat on the edge of a cliff that over looked a massive body of water that stretched out far further than her eyes could see. The normally beautiful view was exceptional with the setting sun in the background. Once white clouds were now painted with the colors of twilight. Splashes of pink, red, and orange decorated the sky around the sun. It was a beautiful ending to a decent day.

A stray wind caught Claire's hair and pulled it from her shoulders and behind her before dropping it against her back. She smiled at the smell of salty-fresh water. The ocean was her single most favorite place. The thought of leaving it behind saddened her and also excited her. She didn't want to leave such beauty behind, but in doing so, she would find new beautiful things, meet new Pokemon and people, and eventually grow strong enough to challenge the champion of the Honiso region.

The sun began to inch deeper and deeper into the water as the world around Claire got darker and darker. Everything slowly took on a more ominous quality. Once beautifully color trees now looked more like twisted faces of demons and ghosts that lurked in the shadows of night. Claire was never one to be afraid of the dark, but she also wasn't stupid enough to go bounding through the forest at midnight. So, with a light heart she reached down to pick up her backpack and stood on the edge of the cliff. She watched the sun drown in the ocean and then turned to walk back down the cliff.

It was about time she continued her journey, but it looked like she would need to wait just a few hours longer. "Traveling at night will only end in trouble" a gym leader once told Claire. The thought of her idol sent a piercing feeling of homesickness through her veins. She missed the Jhoto region. She missed spending time in the gym with her idol. But she knew she wasn't going to be seeing him for awhile. At least not until she's finished her business here. With a sigh, she pushed open the doors of the local Pokemon Center and asked for a trainer's room to spend the night in. Tomorrow, she would leave Amtheius Island and continue her trek. Surely she would get hurt, and no doubt things wouldn't always go according to plan, but that's what excited her the most.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staff Applications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Applications   Staff Applications Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Applications
Page 1 of 1