Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Hey! You need to log in. If you still have yet to sign up- please register so that you can access several features only available to members.
Pokemon Valor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our newest member: https://pokemonvalor.rpg-board.net/u488!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact an administrator or support mod. (See staff list)

Freedom of the Road

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Freedom of the Road Empty
PostSubject: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 am

Eric just woke up and the sun was barely rising. This is the day that Eric finally gets to go on his journey. He was supposed to go three years ago but his dad needed him in the lab for he is a professor. His dad finally decided to hire some more help so he could go on his journey. He has a Ralts that he got for a present when he was ten and a cubone he recently caught. He liked to stay in shape so every morning he ran a 5 miles with his pokemon. Once he got back he took a nice long shower. Eric liked showers, they felt so good when they got all the sweat off his body. After the shower Eric went to the lab to talk to his dad about his journey. When be got their his dad was working with a seedot they recently found. He set the seedot down and came over to Eric. He went on to say, "Son, today is the day that you finally go on your journey. I have held you back so you can be fully prepared. I went on a journey when I was young and I wasn't fully prepared. My mom blah blah blah blah." Eric couldn't listen when he was imagining going against gym leaders and becoming the champion one day. All his pokemon would be so powerful. "That is why I want you to have this." his dad finished as he took out a necklace. "What, oh yes." Eric said trying to look as though he had been listening. His dad handed him a necklace with a gym badge on it. "This is my first and my only gym badge. After that I thought being a trainer was too hard and I quit to become a professor. I am proud of this and ashamed. I want you to have it as a reminder of to never ever give up. You understand Eric." he said. "Yes dad." His dad also gave him 1000 pokemoney to go on his journey and a backpack with pokefood, food, camping stuff, and pokeblocks. Eric put on the necklace, thanked his dad, hugged him and said his goodbyes. Eric walked away toward the pokemart in Isis Town. I better get some supplies for my journey Eric thought to himself. Eric went into the pokemart and bought some supplies. (ooc: I will post something in the pokemart after this) Once he got his supplies this is where he would decide which of the three was to go from Isis  Town. He decided to go East to Kilin lake and eventually Jisa Passing. This would be a great start to his pokemon journey. 
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Age/Name: 'Reaver', 20
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Dennis had finally arived in Isis town after the long travel. He needed to restock on pokeballs, and potions. Outside of the store, walked out a boy with brown hair, and it hit him pokemon trainer. Dennis of course needed a place to start. What better than to go against another aspiring trainer? "Hey, kid, how would you like a battle?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject:    Freedom of the Road EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 pm

OOC: actually I don't think I should because if you look at my pokemons moves they don't know any attack moves dueto them being level five and on bulbapedia those are then only moves sorry I will once i level them up though and get a better move

Eric noticed the trainer and realized that he was a trainer and he wanted to fight. He didn't know what to do so he panicked and said yes. He went on to fightt the trainer and he realized he didn't have any moves that he taught his pokemon so he lost miserably. He didn't expect to lose right away so he took his pokemon and ran away from the trainer embarrassed. Eric told him next time we see each other I will be able to give him a better fight. He started again on his way to Kilin Lake.
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm

(Yeah, I kinda noticed, that's why I chose you. You're an easy target :D But still, you could be creative. In another forum, my tropius beat a salamance using whirlwind. Besides, you outnumber me. Ralts, I think, learns astonish at level 6)

After his victory, Dennis looked to the trainer and asked "Is it okay if I followed you?" He didn't expect a yes, but the road was long, and it wouldn't be much fun to have a partner who didn't talk back. If he had a human companion, maybe things would be easier. Maybe they shared similar stories. Maybe they each had different valuable knowledge to give each other. Without receiving an answer, he decided to head off on his own, it wasn't really much his style anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 pm

(that is mean lol don't take advantage of my non good moves, and it would be hard to be creative using only growl for ralts and only Growl and tailwhip for Cubone Also don't you have abother list thing going, I don't think you can be in two places at once.)

Eric wasn't sure whether or not to say yes because he was kinda embarrassed but he decided to man up. He saw that even though he beat Eric he was also a beginner and could maybe make their pokemon journey together. "Yes that would be ok I guess. It would give me a chance to battle you again once I train a little more. By the way what is your name mine is Eric. ."
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 pm

(I wrote myself out of it. Can't stay in one place forever)

Dennis tried not to smile, and he didn't. "I'm Dennis, nice to meet you". He held a hand out to the other trainer assuming he knew to shake it.

(Ninja Edit: Didn't Alex say that you can have an egg move if all you started with were useless attacks like splash?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 am

(true ,but too late now)

"We still have a couPle hours before sunset so we better get moving." As Eric and Dennis walked it was getting kindle awkward. Eric decided to make some small talk. "So how did you get that egg."
Back to top Go down
YellowReaver

YellowReaver

Character sheet
Items:
Pokemon Team:

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

"You mean this?" Dennis pointed at the casket "I sort of just found it at the beach the other day." He looked at the sky, and looked back. "Yep. Where are you going? I'm headed off to Martayo Town... wait" Dennis referred to his map "I'm going the opposite direction..." He rushed off, and left down the road back to town, and back on the road again, the other direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 am

"I guess he thought he was going to Mortayo Town." Eric chuckled. Eric knew thatthe battle he and Dennis had was mostly because he didn't teach his pokemon enough. If Eric levels his pokemon up they can learn better moves. Eric decided to train his pokemon ralts. (ooc: he trains ralts in another topic.) He also decided to give Ralts the twisted spoon to hold. After he feels that his poemon has learned something he starts heading back down the road to Kilin Lake.

Even though Eric had two pokemon he knew he needed three just to challenge the Mortayo town gym leader. He looks at his poked to find suitable pokemon for his team in upcoming city's and he found one he liked in Jisa Passing. Eric thinks this is a great find so he starts heading toward Jisa Passing.

Last edited by Charn on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 am

As Eric is moving, something strange is going on. A short pokemon with red skin and blades around its body appears right in front of him. The pokemon looked quite strong but it had a stupid look on its face. It said "Niard!" with a smile on it while looking at the trainer. The motives of the pokemon were unclear... Did it want to ask something from the trainer or did it want to battle with him? The trainer had to find out by himself... Learning what the pokemon wanted would depend on the way he treated the pokemon...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 am

He saw the pokemon and it seemed like it was hungry. It also seemed like he wanted something from Eric. Eric through some pokemon food his dad gave him before the pokemon. "Ear up, you look hungry." Eric nelt down to get at eye level with the pokemon. " Now, what do you want?" Eric said in a soft tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:00 am

"Pawniard!" the pokemon said with a happy face as it received the food the trainer gave it. It was glad to see that there was a trainer who would share his food with it. Most of the other trainers let it starve. It said "Niard, niard!" meaning "Thank you very much." after it ate the food. Then, it said "Niard, niard!" meaning "All I wanted was some food and you gave it to me. Thanks.". The pokemon was thankful... It was a kind hearted pokemon despite its face that made it look like a stupid pokemon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

Eric looked in his pokedex and found pawniard. Pawniard looked strong and he looked capable of much. "Do you want to come with me on my journey, pawniard. You will be treated well and you can help me defeat gym leaders."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:10 am

"Niard!" the pokemon nodded. Apparently, it could not decline the offer of the kind hearted trainer who offered him a position in his team as well as food. However, in order to join the team the pokemon wanted to have a battle first. After nodding it took a battling stance and waited for the trainer to battle it and win against it before joining his team. That was the way the steel and dark type pokemon worked and would not care if Eric liked it as a way or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:22 am

Eric knew the pokemon would like a battle. He knew that any psychic type moves wouldn't work on the pokemon so he brought out cubone. "Cubone don't let me down." Eric saw pawniard was giving Eric the first move. "Boom, use tail whip." He wanted to lower pawniard's defense before he would start attacking it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:44 pm

"Pawniard!" the pokemon said as it fell for the trick of Cubone and let its own guard down. As it let its guard down, it was now able to take damage from all of the various attacks much easier than before. Despite that, though, the pokemon was still a steel type and so it had a resistance to many attacks...

With a smile on its face, though, the pokemon would still keep battling. It said "Niard!" as it moved towards Cubone in an attempt to attack it with a Scratch...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 pm

"Dodge." Eric commanded his cubone Boom. Boom did his best to dodge the scratch attack but Pawniard was too fast for him. Cubone got hit and fell to the ground. Eric being encouraging said, "Come on get up Boom." He got up. "Throw your bone at it." It wasn't a move cubone knew but pawniards defense was down. Boom threw his bone at him. He knew he was fast so he threw the bone in front of him to compensate for the movement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Despite the fact that Cubone was fast, Pawniard was faster and so it jumped out of the way and avoided the attack. Then, with a smile on its face, the steel and dark type pokemon started running towards the ground type. Its sharp blades started shining as it moved. Soon enough it reached the pokemon and moved the blade horizontally in order to scratch it. That was the pokemon's attack against Cubone...
A simple, yet fierce attack that could cause much damage if it hit on a good spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Cubone lost his bone which scared cubone because he doesn't do much without his bone. Eric though feeling confident boosted Booms confidence. Eric knew that the scratch move would probably hit him but it would put Boom in a great position for a counter attack. "Dodge then use tackle." Boom dodged backwards but pawniard got a piece of Booms arm. It hurt but Boom saw the opening and took it. He thrust his body at pawniard in a tackle attack knowing pawniard wasn't expecting a counter right after it's  scratch. 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:19 am

"Pawniard was struck by the Tackle and got some more damage than it normally would because its defense was lowered from Cubone's Tail Whip. However, it's type was still a steel type so the damage was halved and the pokemon did not get as much damage as it normally would. It said "Niard!" with a smile on its face, seeing Cubone striking it. Then, it jumped towards it once again in order to scratch it with its sharp blades and cause it some damage... The battle was getting more and more intense for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am

Eric saw it would be hard to dodge this attack, but he knew he could do something to weaken it. "Duck, Boom, then use growl right in his face." Eric commanded to his cubone. Cubone saw that he could duck the first slash. He ducked and at that moment you could hear hair being slicing by pawniards shears on Boom. Right as Boom ducked he used growl on pawniard to reduce his attack. It was a good move Eric thought but he didn't put into account that pawniard would slash again once he realized the first didn't work. He saw cubone get hit by the slash attack and stagger but he was still walking mainly because of his growl. Boom was right beside his bone so he picked it up ready for anything that was thrown at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:13 am

"Pawniard!" the little pokemon said as it struck Cubone with its scratch. It seemed like it had the upper hand in the battle. It was the perfect chance for it to strike and knock it unconscious... At least that was what it thought. With a smile on its face, the pokemon started running towards Cubone. As it run, its blade started shining once again. It was going to strike. However, by going all-out to finish off Cubone, the pokemon let its guard down... It was the perfect chance for Cubone to strike back!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:25 am

Eric knew that pawniard was going for the final blow this time, but he saw that pawniard was also weak from the battling. "Wait til the very last second to dodge. I need you to put all of your speed into this. If pawniard try's to reach you with it's swords then block them with your bone. Then use tackle with all your might." Bone saw pawniard coming toward as he relayed his masters orders in his head. Pawniard was about to slash cubone, but cubone dodged it at the last second like his master said to. Then Bone knew it was the perfect opportunity to tackle pawniard. He lunged forward with many things going through his mind of the outcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:29 am

Pawniard was surprised to see that Cubone managed to dodge the attack. However, that was not the only thing that happened. Except from that it left its own guard open! If the pokemon was hit it would probably fall unconscious... And so it did. Cubone succesfully managed to Tackle it and send it flying. Pawniard fell on the ground unconscious while whispering "Niard...". Now, it could be caught. What would the trainer do? Would he catch it or not?

[NOTE: If you catch it you won't gain any experience]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:35 am

Eric knew that pawniard was a great and fast pokemon. He intended to catch it from the beginning so that is what he will do. He reached into his backpack and brought out the great ball that he bought earlier, enlarged it, and threw it at the pawniard with great accuracy. Waiting to see what happened next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom of the Road   Freedom of the Road Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom of the Road
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next